- Submission of entry into this competition automatically constitutes the artist’s acceptance of all competition conditions. The judges’ decision will be final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- All entries must be received by 11.59pm 31 July. Entries that are late or incomplete will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be submitted using a colour digital photograph (min 300dpi) through the online entry form. No original works will should be submitted for the initial pre-selection process. Accompanying this, the artist is to submit:
• A completed Entry Form
• The Artist’s History (CV/resume) – maximum 2 pages
• Artist Statement – a 200 word description of the process, the portrait and the chosen subject. (this will be included in the TPP Catalogue)
- All artworks must not have been included in any previous exhibition prior to entry into the TPP and must not be for sale on any website or online gallery.
- All artworks entered by the artist must be the original work and concept of the artist.
- The submitted work can only consist of 2D medium/s – e.g: oil, acrylic, watercolour, pastel, mixed media, photography or video.
- The submitted work must be a portrait of a living Tasmanian and the artist must have gained permission from the subject, prior to submitting the entry.
- The Tasmanian Portraiture Prize is open to Tasmanian artists aged 30 or under at the closing date of entry (i.e. as at 31 July 2018).
- The artist may enter several works but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form with all relevant support material. If the artist is successful in being selected to exhibit and if more than one work is submitted by the artist, only one of the works of the artist will be selected.
- No third party may enter any artwork/s on behalf of an artist.
- Works selected for exhibition will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed by RACT Insurance.
The judges base their decision on the photographs of work submitted; so it is very important to provide high quality images.
If your entry is shortlisted for the Touring Exhibition:
- Artworks must be in excellent condition and suitably framed, ready to hang. A stretched canvas is considered framed.
- The finished artwork including the frame must be no larger than 150cm x 150cm for touring purposes. Flat ‘D’ rings must be placed at the back of artworks, 10cm from the top of the frame. The artists name and title of work should be fixed to the back of the artwork along with any specific handling instructions.
- The panel of judges will choose the Major Winner and Runner Up Prize from those works shortlisted in the touring exhibition.
- Artists who are selected to exhibit will allow their work to be reproduced for promotional and review purposes and/or the future promotion by RACT Insurance.
- Artists whose work is shortlisted will be notified via email.
- If the artist chooses to put the works exhibited up for sale, payment will be sent by cheque or EFT (in Australian dollars) to the relevant artists at the conclusion of the touring exhibition; provided all settlements have been made in accordance with the conditions of sale.
- The exhibitor will exercise all reasonable care in handling work submitted but will not be responsible for loss or damage to any work while in the custody of the Curator or associated handlers. Artists are advised to insure their work against loss or damage. The cost of freight and insurance for those works selected will be the responsibility of the artist. All freight costs between (to and from) RACT Insurance offices and the artist will be the responsibility of the artist. Freight costs around Tasmania for selected artworks will be the responsibility of RACT Insurance.
- The artworks selected for hanging at the exhibition must be received by 21 August 2018 at RACT branch offices in Launceston, Devonport or Hobart. After the close of the exhibition all works not sold can be collected within one (1) month of the tour’s completion from the office where it was dropped unless arrangements have been made for return by pre-paid freight vouchers.
Any works not collected within the time frame specified, and in the absence of alternative arrangements, will be deemed the property of RACTI and may be sold or otherwise disposed of at their discretion.
- Purchasers of artworks will be required to place a deposit of 25% within 7 days of indicating desire to buy. This deposit will be held by RACT Insurance until the end of the exhibition, when the artwork is processed for sale. The remaining balance will then be paid at the conclusion of the touring exhibition which is mid to late January.
- RACT Insurance reserves the right to vary these conditions at any time.